Based in Kanagawa, Japan
PC / Mac
Tokyo Dark is an anime-style horror adventure game combining point and click and visual novel genres. The story follows Detective Itō accross Tokyo, searching for the truth behind her partner's strange disappearance. Featuring puzzles, stat management, and difficult decisions, Tokyo Dark puts the narrative in the hands of the player. Players' decisions change their character, opening or locking options and leading to multiple endings. Tokyo Dark is currently being developed for PC and Mac.
In January 2015 Tokyo Dark was submitted to the Square Enix Collective where it achieved an incredible 94% rating by the Collective members and was later Greenlit on Steam. Following that, the game ran a successful Kickstarter campaign from May 11 to June 10 2015, and raised more than 5 times its funding goal.
- Branching story with 11 different endings (including a NewGame+ exclusive ending).
- Difficult decisions, every action affects Detective Itō's attributes and options.
- Beautiful anime-style character art, with locations inspired by real locations in Tokyo.
- Original soundtrack by Reign of Fury front man Matt `Bison` Steed.
- Animated sequences produced by a world class animation studio.
- Localization by Japanese novelist Ureshino Kimi.
- The S.P.I.N (Sanity, Professionalism, Investigation, Neurosis) system keeps track of every decision you make, changing how other characters react and the actions available to you.
Tokyo Dark Development Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Vermillion Gate Award Winner" BitSummit 4th, 10 July, 2016
- "Magical Presence Award Nominee" BitSummit 4th, 10 July, 2016
- "Dengeki PlaySation Indies on the Rise Award Nominee" BitSummit 4th, 10 July, 2016
- "EGX Rezzed Roundup"
- Kris Lipscombe, The Sixth Axis
- "Anime-inspired Game Tokyo Dark Hits Steam Greenlight"
- Jose San Mateo, Indie Haven
- "Tokyo Dark is a branching story-focused horror adventure"
- Tim McDonald, PC Invasion
Tokyo Dark Soundcloud
Previews of tracks from the game on Soundcloud.com.
Tokyo Dark Kickstarter
Monthly updates from Cherrymochi about Tokyo Dark's development at Kickstarter.com.
Cherrymochi is an independent game studio that aims to bridge Japanese and Western game design. Based near Tokyo, Japan, we are inspired by Japanese pop culture, anime aesthetic and Western adventure games. Our international team members are from 5 different countries and we pool our multicultural experience to make story-focused games for an international audience. Cherrymochi is currently developing Tokyo Dark.
More information on Cherrymochi, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Tokyo Dark Credits
Project Lead, 3D Art & Programming
Finance, Management & Translation
Moochirin (Laura Jin)
Character Design & 2D Art
Co-writer (Japanese), Localization
Music & Sound